Louisville Water Foundation accepts grant applications year-round from organizations and individuals with projects that address a water-related need. Please review the material below to see project or organization qualifies.
Examples of projects/activities supported:
- Potable water solutions in water-poor communities
- Water assistance programs serving individuals and/or communities
- Water awareness or education campaign
- Water stewardship education
- Surface or groundwater protection education
- Watershed cleanup
Activities that do not qualify:
- Lobbying (attempting to influence local, state, or national legislation)
- Interest payments
- Personal articles
- Clarity of project goals, objectives, and potential impact on the community
- Strength of project design and team
- Innovative approach with real-world application
- Sustainability of project post-grant
- Evidence of community engagement
- Plan for assessing impact of project and the capacity to measure its outcomes
- Reasonable and efficient budget
For specific examples, browse a list of funded projects from 2016.
If you feel you project might qualify, please select Grant Application Packet to get started.
The Foundation Board meets quarterly to approve any recommended awards. To speak with someone about Louisville Water Foundation, call 502.569.3600 or email Kelley Dearing Smith at email@example.com or Matthew Griffith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Fund for the Arts is proud to be a part of the grant program “Water Tower- Form & Function” in partnership with Louisville Visual Art, Louisville Water Company, and Louisville Water Foundation. Hands on, collaborative workshops, such as “Water Tower- Form & Function,” give students a unique opportunity to develop coveted 21st century skills for their future.”
--Abby Shue, Vice President of Development, Louisville Fund for the Arts