There is no place for racism, hate and discrimination in our community and that includes Louisville Water Company. As a community asset for nearly 160 years, Louisville Water has a responsibility to respond and be a force for positive change. We need to be bold and stand up for racial equity. Part of the healing process is creating an atmosphere of open and honest dialogue. Hearing each other helps us understand each other.
Louisville Water believes and is committed to:
Equality Opportunity: We reaffirm Louisville Water’s stance and commitment to equal opportunity and intolerance against racial and other forms of discriminatory behavior.
Trust and Diversity: We further reaffirm Louisville Water’s two major pillars of our company’s values of Trust, “we work vigorously to uphold the trust the community has placed in us” and Diversity, “we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce and network of suppliers.”
A Welcome Environment: Employees feel comfortable having an open dialogue to share their views and feelings on the civil unrest with an understanding that open engagement is foundational to change.
Connecting to the community
We celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through strategic community partnerships. We find creative ways to join forces, share Louisville pure tap®, and reach the wonderful mosaic of our local community. Examples of Louisville Water partner collaborations include, but certainly are not limited to:
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Kentuckiana
- Bridging the Gap Learning Academy (Ambassadors of The Evers Academy for African American Males – The A-TEAAM – Middle School Mentoring Program)
- Center for Accessible Living –(Employment training/placement assistance for disabled citizens)
- Coalition for Workforce Diversity
- Family & Children’s Place
- Habitat for Humanity
- Home of the Innocents
- Louisville Urban League
- Water Equity Taskforce – Workforce Diversity
- Water for People
- Wayside Christian Mission (Shelter Donations)
- Who’s Who Louisville – African American Profiles
Equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.