Hydrating With Louisville Pure Tap®
The benefits of drinking water:
- Mental Health — Your brain is 75% water, so it needs to stay hydrated to work at its best. Drinking water can help increase productivity, fight fatigue, and boost your mood.
- Clear Skin — Water helps keep skin hydrated and can help flush toxins and clear inflammatory conditions. Hydrated skin retains more moisture and is better able to replenish tissue and maintain elasticity.
- Prevent Illness — Dehydration is a common cause of headaches. A glass of water can be a simple solution. Drinking water also helps to boost your immune system and has even been shown to help prevent diseases such as kidney stones, heart attacks, and even some cancers.
- Healthy Digestion — Water can help improve your metabolism and flush out the byproducts of digestions. It also helps to reduce hunger and is calorie-free.
- Safe Exercise — Drinking water regulates body temperature, helps you feel more energized, and fuels your muscles. Proper hydration also keeps joints and muscles lubricated, so you are less likely to experience cramps or sprains.
How much water should you drink?
Eight glasses? Three liters? Half my body weight in ounces?
There is a lot of information out there about how much water we should drink in a day. The truth is, it varies from person to person and factors such as weather, lifestyle, and gender can all play a role in how much water you need to consume for a healthy lifestyle. For an easy check of your hydration level, look no further than your toilet bowl! While it may seem taboo, urine is actually a very accurate indicator of your current hydration status. Use this chart as an easy guide to help you know when to reach for a glass of Pure Tap.
(Of course, there are other ways you may notice dehydration. Headaches, fatigue, dry skin, muscle cramps, and the other symptoms mentioned above can all be indicators of dehydration. If you are unsure about the proper water consumption for your body, be sure to check with your physician!)
Water for Responsible Drinking
We love Louisville’s local spirits and brews — after all, they’re made with Pure Tap! But too much of a good thing can be dangerous and lead to some unpleasant side effects. If you’re an adult enjoying some of Louisville’s prized libations, Pure Tap can help minimize the effects of a hangover. Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning it causes your body to expel fluids at a faster rate.
Alcoholic beverages can quickly lead to dehydration, causing headaches and other uncomfortable symptoms. To combat these effects, we recommend two glasses of Pure Tap for every one alcoholic beverage consumed. Your body will thank you!
Please remember to always drink responsibly.