Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
There is no place for racism, hate, or discrimination in our mission. As a community asset for nearly 162 years, Louisville Water Company has a responsibility to respond as a force for positive change.
We are committed to creating an equitable environment as part of our workplace culture as well as in the communities we serve.
Louisville Water believes and is committed to:
Equality and Opportunity: We reaffirm Louisville Water’s commitment to equal opportunity and intolerance against discriminatory behavior, racial or otherwise.
Trust and Diversity: We further reaffirm Louisville Water’s two major pillars of our company’s values:
- Trust: We work vigorously to uphold the trust the community has placed in us.
- Diversity: We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce and network of suppliers.
A Welcome Environment: Employees feel comfortable having an open dialogue to share their views and feelings with an understanding that open engagement is foundational to change.
Connecting to the Community
We celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through strategic community partnerships. We find creative ways to join forces, share Louisville Pure Tap®, and reach diverse communities across our service area.
Examples of Louisville Water collaborations include, but certainly are not limited to:
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Kentuckiana
- Bridging the Gap Learning Academy (Ambassadors of The Evers Academy for African American Males: The A-TEAAM – Middle School Mentoring Program)
- Center for Accessible Living (Employment training/placement assistance for disabled citizens)
- Coalition for Workforce Diversity
- Family & Children’s Place
- Habitat for Humanity
- Home of the Innocents
- Louisville Urban League
- Water Equity Taskforce – Workforce Diversity
- Water For People
- Wayside Christian Mission (Shelter Donations)
- Who’s Who Louisville – African American Profiles
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.