Louisville Water Company is transitioning from manual to electronic processing.
Both options are currently available to customers. Follow the steps below to ensure timely processing of your application for a new water meter.
- Please download, print, and complete the Service Application to submit manually.
- That form is available here [pdf].
- The completed and signed application, copy of plumbing permit(s), plot/site plan, and payment are needed to manually submit the application.
- Please see the “Documentation Requirements” section for more information on plumbing permits and plot/site plans.
- Payments for manual submission must be made by either check or money order. Applications will not move forward to the installations department until payment has been received in full.
- Drop off or mail these items to our corporate office:
ATTN: Service Applications
550 South Third Street
Louisville, KY 40202
- Click on the below Service Application button and complete all the form fields.
- Please see the “Documentation Requirements” section for a list of other required materials. Please upload the required items through the online form.
- Once the application is processed, a link will be sent to the email address provided on the online form requesting payment with debit/credit cards or EFT draft. Please note: If check or money order is the preferred method of payment, please use the Manual Submission process.
- Payments must be submitted in full before the application will move forward.
Permits and Plans
- Plumbing Permits – The application will NOT be processed, and service will NOT be installed until the applicant provides a copy of the permit from the local plumbing inspection office/health department. A plumbing permit is required for ALL domestic and irrigation services. Plumbing permits may be obtained from the following agencies:
- For property in Bullitt County: Bullitt County Health Department
- For property in Jefferson County: State Department of Housing Division of Plumbing
- For property in Oldham County: Oldham County Health Department
- Plot/Site Plans – These are required for domestic, commercial, fire, and irrigation services for common areas and signature entrances. Please note: Depending on your geographic location, you may experience less than optimal water pressure.
Manual Submissions: Check or money order required.
Electronic Submissions: Debit/credit cards or EFT draft.
- Applications will not move forward to the installations department until payment has been received in full.
- If check/money order is the method of choice, we ask that you submit applications manually.