An act of kindness can go a long way.
In stressful times, Drops of Kindness offers customers help with unpaid bills. Whether you’re a resident or business owner, Drops of Kindness offers a customized approach to help customers resolve unpaid bills and reduce future financial obligations.
Here is how Drops of Kindness Works:
- Drops of Kindness starts with a confidential call with a customer service associate who works to find a bill payment option suitable for a customer’s individual and unique situation.
- Customers are matched with payment options that help them catch up on unpaid bills. This could include:
- A payment plan on the outstanding balance or other payment options
- Connecting customers with partners who have funding for help with an unpaid bill.
There are four agencies that receive direct funding from the Louisville Water Foundation for customer assistance:
- Jefferson County: Association of Community Ministries
- Oldham County: Call 502.222.0308 or visit the American Red Cross Facebook page
- Bullitt County: Call the Multi-Purpose Community Action Agency at 502.543.4077
- Salvation Army: 502.671.4904
Ready to make a payment?
- Visit our lobby 550 South 3rd Street, M – F from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or one of our other locations. We are following CDC guidelines and all customers entering the building are required to wear a mask.
- Drop boxes are available at our Third Street entrance and just around the corner on Chestnut Street
- Pay by mail, with a money order or cashier’s check
- Pay by phone at 502.583.6610 / 888.535.6262 (Toll Free) or online
Note: During this national emergency, we have suspended turning off water service when there’s a late payment as access to clean water for washing hands is a vital component to reduce the spread of the virus.