Home / researchstudy2023
Customer-side Water Service Line Material Research Study
Protecting public health is at the core of what we do at Louisville Water. Our research is a critical part to ensure we deliver high-quality drinking water you can trust.
Louisville Water is researching the materials that make up the water service lines on the customer side. We randomly selected your address to participate in this study.
We need to schedule a time to inspect the point where the service line enters your home or business (it’s typically located in the basement or near the water shutoff valve.) A Louisville Water contractor will contact you to schedule the inspection. Note: If we’re unable to reach you, we may dig a small hole near your property line to identify the service line material.
As a thank you for helping with the research, you will receive a $25 gift card.
Louisville Water Company has contracted with Argenbright Dirt Works to serve as our field representatives for this research study.
- They will call you to set up a time to come into your home and perform the inspection of your water service line materials.
- They will show up at the agreed upon time, locate your water shutoff valve, and perform the inspection. It should take approximately 15 minutes.
- All contractors will have a badge issued by Louisville Water to confirm their identity.
- If you prefer to contact us and schedule your inspection, please call (502) 569-3600 ext. 2314.
- Your water service will not be impacted before, during, or after the inspection.