How To Apply For A Grant
Louisville Water Foundation accepts grant applications year-round from organizations and individuals with projects that address a water-related need.
Please review the material below to see project or organization qualifies.
Examples of projects/activities supported:
- Potable water solutions in water-poor communities
- Water assistance programs serving individuals and/or communities
- Water awareness or education campaign
- Water stewardship education
- Surface or groundwater protection education
- Watershed cleanup
Activities that do not qualify:
- Lobbying (attempting to influence local, state, or national legislation)
- Interest payments
- Personal articles
- Clarity of project goals, objectives, and potential impact on the community
- Strength of project design and team
- Innovative approach with real-world application
- Sustainability of project post-grant
- Evidence of community engagement
- Plan for assessing impact of project and the capacity to measure its outcomes
- Reasonable and efficient budget
If you are ready to get started, please email Mary Stone.
The Foundation Board meets quarterly to approve any recommended awards. Annual deadlines for applications and all supplemental documents are March 15, June 15 and December 15.
Applications received after the above deadlines will be held until the next quarterly meeting.
“Fund for the Arts is proud to be a part of the grant program “Water Tower- Form & Function” in partnership with Louisville Visual Art, Louisville Water Company, and Louisville Water Foundation. Hands on, collaborative workshops, such as “Water Tower- Form & Function,” give students a unique opportunity to develop coveted 21st century skills for their future.”
Abby Shue, Vice President of Development, Louisville Fund for the Arts