Tours & Field Trips
To meet the “towering expectations” of the future, Louisville Water Tower is currently undergoing major renovations. Contact Us for field trip information.
Learn more about renovations and facility updates.
A visit to the WaterWorks Museum at Louisville Water Tower, offers a real-world, one-of-a-kind educational experience. For school groups, the tour experience meets content standards in science, social studies, practical living, literacy, and math to bring water to life.
Field trips offer students of all ages the opportunity to engage with history, innovation, and the importance of water in the community.
Enhance the experience by adding a stop at the Crescent Hill Reservoir and Gatehouse.
*Minimum of 10 people. If your group is fewer than 10 guests, a flat fee of $50 will be charged.
Field Trip Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines prior to booking a field trip:
- Field Trips are offered Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Allow approximately 2 hours for the full experience.
- If visiting the Crescent Hill Reservoir and Gatehouse, add an additional 45 minutes.
- In case of severe or inclement weather, tours may be cancelled and/or rescheduled.
- Schools/camps should arrange and provide their own transportation.
- Teachers and/or group leaders are responsible for students while visiting.
- Louisville Water requires one adult chaperone for every 12 students.
- If your group is larger than 60 students, please speak with the staff when making your reservation.
- There is no indoor facility access for lunch, however outside areas are available. Groups are responsible for their own clean up.
- Restrooms are available on site.
What to Expect
A field trip to Louisville Water Tower includes time in the WaterWorks Museum, an interactive lesson on how WaterWorks in our Community, and guided walking tour of the property with a visit inside a working pump station that houses a renovated 100- foot-tall steam pump.
A portion of the experience is outdoors so please dress appropriately.
To schedule a field trip to Louisville Water Tower
and WaterWorks Museum