By the time you feel thirsty, your body has already lost up to five cups of water. Here are five tips from Louisville Water to keep you hydrated and healthy this summer.
- Drink before you’re thirsty.
- Schedule drinking water. To keep drinking water throughout the day, setting reminders can help.
- Grab a reusable water bottle. Keep a reusable bottle with you and ‘fill, drink, and repeat’ throughout the day.
- Drink water when sweating. When you are sweating, your body is losing water.
- Don’t mistake thirst for hunger. If you feel hungry, it might mean that your body is thirsty. It’s easy to confuse being thirsty with hunger.
Remember- the key to hydration is to have plenty of water in your system all the time.