While the rest of the country has been sweating it out in record-breaking heat for weeks, we’re finally getting a taste of it locally! This week, temperatures are climbing into the 90s. With the heat index, it will feel even hotter. Louisville Water encourages you to stay hydrated with Louisville Pure Tap®.
Follow these Pure Tap pro-tips to keep your body hydrated.
- Drink before you’re thirsty. By the time you feel thirsty, your body has lost up to five cups of water.
- Grab a reusable water bottle. Keep a reusable bottle with you. Fill, drink, and repeat throughout the day. Pure Tap is the best value to stay hydrated, costing less than a penny a gallon. You also may want to fill and freeze a plastic water bottle so you can drink refreshing Pure Tap as the ice melts.
- Drink regularly if you’re working in the heat. Drink one cup (8 oz.) every 15-20 minutes.
- Drink water when sweating. Anytime you sweat, your body is losing water. Hydrate before, during, and after exercise.
- Don’t mistake thirst for hunger. It’s easy to confuse the two because sometimes you may feel hungry, but your body is actually thirsty.
- Don’t forget to keep your pets hydrated too!
Benefits of water:
- Helps your body maintain a normal temperature
- Lubricates and cushions joints
- Eliminates bodily waste through perspiration, urination, and bowel movements
- Click here to learn more
Signs of dehydration:
- Dry mouth, tongue, cracked lips
- Extreme thirst
- Dark-colored urine
- Dizziness and/or headaches
- Trouble concentrating or mental confusion